When people would ask me what my favorite hobby was, reading was always at the top of the list. I used to read entire series of books in a day. I was *that* girl that would bring a book with her no matter where she went (including lunchtime at school - yep).
And unfortunately somewhere in between senior year of high school - going to college - and then getting a full time job - I stopped reading. I would buy a book or find one I wanted, and then I would end up convincing myself that I just didn't have enough time to read. Obviously that's not true because somehow (we all) I find hours and hours of time to binge watch Grey's Anatomy and Gilmore Girls sooo...
When thinking about things I wanted to focus on this year - reading more was a no-brainer. This summer when I was in Greece - there was no TV and little to no wifi - I read 8(!) books over the course of the two weeks.
I have only picked up about two books to read since then, and one of those was for school.
So, a few days ago I decided to make a list of the books I wanted to get through, and I'm planning on at least one a month.
(But, P.S if you haven't read Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur then please make that #1 on your list!)
1. Talking as Fast as I Can - Lauren Graham
2. You Should Have Known - Jean Hanff Korelitz
3. Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk - Kathleen Rooney
4. Two by Two - Nicholas Sparks
5. Commonwealth - Ann Patchett
6. Today Will Be Different - Maria Semple
7. Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures - Emma Straub
8. The Hopefuls - Jennifer Close
9. The Regulars - Georgia Clark
10. The Chemist - Stephanie Meyer
11. Scrappy Little Nobody - Anna Kendrick
12. The Nest - Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
What books are you reading? Message me with any recommendations!
(P.S you can follow me on Goodreads!)